I just found out that my fellow blogger and Russophile Steve Hague – of Life in Russia renown – has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
First off, let me say that as much as I was bowled over by the Russia (and Siberia) that I discovered during my travels back in 2008, I have no doubt that with Steve’s expansive knowledge and interest in history; his passion for all things Russian, and the various tipoffs to fascinating sites and cities, I await my return to that motherland because then, I will carry an adhoc, copy-and-pasted Hague Guidebook in hand 😉
As for the award: Well, (awwww) I’m tickled pink, blue, purple and green! There are oodles and oodles of more inspiring stories, writers and photographers out there, and bloggers from whom I’ve picked up a vast array of tips, information, suggestions, and amazing insights. I can’t imagine how much smaller my world would be if not for the readers and writers I’ve met (ok, virtually for now!) since my arrival on the blogosphere tarmac.
Since I’ve already been awarded this honour, I’ll first relay my gratitude – THANK YOU & SPASIBA! – to Steve, and get on with the show – so that I can highlight some great (and inspiring!) blogs that I’ve enjoyed following.
Voila, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award rules:
- Display the award on your blog (check!)
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them and notify them about their nominations
I’m actually going to jiggle around that order because I can’t wait to list my blog-heroes. There are so many (and so little time), but for the record, here are a few of the more newly inspiring blogs that I nominate for this award (in no particular order, because each one is a gem in its own right!):
- Baz – The Landy (Out and About having fun)
- The Diary of a Retiree
- The Happy Lifeaholic
- A New Life Wandering
- Jmeyersforeman photography
- Yoga & Joyful Living
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- 365 each day
- tall tales
- Emergency USA
- The Intentional Expat
- Just Another Corner
- Ed Mooney Photography
… a few running themes, huh?!
And now, for the 7 things about me:
- I used to need a daily chocolate fix. Now I’m off sugar. Can’t believe it, but never say never…
- I just finished my first ever parasite / gallbladder / liver cleanse. (Body overhaul, for details see above)
- I LOVELOVELOVE my 4 niblings (nieces and nephews), even though I only see them a few weeks a year.
- Documentaries are my favorite genre of film – followed by Criterion collection classics and foreign flicks.
- I walked nearly 900 kms on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route last year. Still can’t believe it sometimes – though I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
- I once rode a water buffalo in the highlands of Vietnam.
- I’ve developed an inexplicable fascination with snails and ants,.. nature’s workings, really worth watching